Pandaemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pandaemonium

My own little floating island in the Netherworld

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Start of version 1 testing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xian Nox
Demon Overlord
Xian Nox

Persona
Name: Stellmaria
Class: Ranger
Element: Fire

Start of version 1 testing Empty
PostSubject: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptySat Nov 12 2011, 21:28

Version 0.2-4 of SuigintouJ_IDE has just been released. This is the first real public release, but it still is a debug build.
This is why I need your help to test and further improve the chibi IDE. Download now from the SourceForge page and play around, then post your opinions and recommendations. And don't forget to read the Readme! ^_^
Link: sourceforge.net/p/suigintouj
Back to top Go down
https://pandaemonium.forumotion.com
XxGodOfWar2xX

XxGodOfWar2xX

Persona
Name: Chris
Class: Paladin
Element: Electricity

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptySun Nov 13 2011, 09:44

What does this do and what operating system is this for?
Back to top Go down
http://psparadise.forumotion.com
jc_gargma
Six-winged Mystic
jc_gargma

Persona
Name: Sakura
Class: Caster
Element: Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptySun Nov 13 2011, 16:33

Xian Nox wrote:
This is a simple, minimalistic (chibi) IDE for use with the KarelJ Robot. Simply put, this is a text editor that can call javac (the Java compiler) and java (the Java interpreter) to build and run the programs you have created.
Xian Nox wrote:
SuigintouJ_IDE is compiled and tested on Linux and Windows. Note that it is still under development so it may be unable to compile some otherwise working files.
Please read this stickie or the readme contained in the 7z archive for installation details.
Lets try and keep this thread to opinions/recommendations/bugs relating to the most recent public build only.
Back to top Go down
Xian Nox
Demon Overlord
Xian Nox

Persona

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptyWed Nov 16 2011, 02:56

For some unknown reason, the official handbook of the KarelJ robot has mysteriously disappeared from the university library. It will take me some time to locate another library that offers a book on such an obscure subject as the price in Amazon is somewhere in my reach, yet feels too far.
This means that I cannot be 100% certain that the task conversion offered by my IDE is compatible with the official one.
Another thing I'd like to mention is the fact that the official website offers several versions, as well as an official (and quite buggy) IDE and links to a couple of other IDEs, some of which (Alice for example) seem to have little relation to Karel.
In fact, I'm not even sure what the latest official release is. This is what I want to support, and the Karel website is definitely one of the worst I have ever seen.
I have just posted a topic containing links to the official website and a coupe of tutorials on the first steps. Anyone who has a little time, please take a look and try to use them with my IDE. And please, tell me what you think of it. At some point, I too will try to write a simple introduction.
As far as the development goes, there are a couple of good news. First, a SourceForge site has been set up and from now on, only it will host the source code and downloads. (Yays~, no more 4shared) The link on the official thread has been updated. Second, a Mercurial repository has been added to the SourceForge page, and the latest and greatest sources have already been uploaded. Read rights to everyone, if there is anyone willing to contribute, please send me a note. The next version (0.2-5) will include sprites patching, so that you can easily change the sprites to your own liking, which is the main reason why I started this project (didn't like the sprites and the look of this IDE). It will be released in a couple of days since I want to double check the patching. This means that a release will be ready by the end of the week.
And last but not least: today openSUSE 12.1 is being released. It is my main operating system and I will update to it in the next couple of days. This means that after 0.2-5, only Qt 4.7.4 will be used, although this doesn't matter much.
I am curious as to what Qt5 will offer, but there's a lot of time until it's released next year. I wonder if there will be any migration needed as the one from Qt3 to Qt4. As for the people who don't know what Qt is, check this page out. The best thing is this:
Quote :
Qt (pronounced officially as cute /ˈkjuːt/, though often unofficially pronounced as Q.T. /ˈkjuːˈtiː/)
Cute, ne? ^_^
There is also one more thing I will add in the next version, but it's a secret, I'm not telling now. Teehee~
Oh, and one last thing before this post turns multi-page: all testers get a special place in the readme and forum title, as well as colored names.
Back to top Go down
Xian Nox
Demon Overlord
Xian Nox

Persona

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptyWed Nov 16 2011, 07:12

Version 0.2-5 is up on SourceForge now. Source code is in the repository, compiled versions in the download section, in the 0.2-5 folder.
Xian Nox wrote:
There is also one more thing I will add in the next version, but it's a secret, I'm not telling now. Teehee~
An installer is also added. Take into mind that it will only copy the files to a folder, won't create the configuration file or set it up. Will do it properly a bit later.
Anyway, if somebody has a burning desire to try it out, install the 0.2-4 first and then replace the executable with that of 0.2-5.
Back to top Go down
Xian Nox
Demon Overlord
Xian Nox

Persona

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptyWed Nov 16 2011, 15:50

Version 0.2-5 bug found: on Linux javac was called with faulty arguments and didn't work. Corrected (0.2-6)
Caveat: On Windows, the java interpreter path has to be set to java, and not the actual java.exe.
Thanks to jc_gargma for the time spent. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Xian Nox
Demon Overlord
Xian Nox

Persona

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptySat Nov 19 2011, 22:13

Version 0.2-6 is released. From the changelog:
Quote :
Fixed bug that broke the Linux compiling.

Added tool tips to configuration dialog.

Improved loop patching (thanks to m0skit0 for the explanation on regexp)

Error messages are now opened in a scrollable dialog.
Back to top Go down
Xian Nox
Demon Overlord
Xian Nox

Persona

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptyTue Nov 22 2011, 02:15

Version 0.2-8 released. Changelog:
Quote :
Added configuration check on startup
Added "Check configuration" as a menu entry; check config file, java, javac, kareljar
Added "Advanced configuration" as a menu entry; does nothing for the time being
Removed the 7za search pattern on sprites patching. This will allow you to use a renamed 7z standalone executable, or the normal 7z installed, but note that the program does not check if it really is compatible.

Some other good news: did some tinkering today with the Karel runtime. Overcoming some problems due to my lacking Java knowledge, I managed to make a separate Doll class that has the out of this world ability to turn right.
Back to top Go down
Xian Nox
Demon Overlord
Xian Nox

Persona

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptySat Dec 17 2011, 07:58

Version 0.3-0 is released, if anybody cares.
Changelog:
Quote :
Status bar now displays the complete filepath of the currently open file
Updated messages
Online update check
Source code change: custom message box function
Source code change: better configuration handling
Configuration file now uses XML
Removed sprite patching; will be reimplemented as a plugin
Configuration file can now be regenarated using the Basic Configuration
Back to top Go down
Xian Nox
Demon Overlord
Xian Nox

Persona

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing EmptyMon Dec 19 2011, 00:39

Quote :
v. 0.3-1
All messages are now loaded externally, location is specified in the configuration file
I'm starting to feel lonely in this topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start of version 1 testing   Start of version 1 testing Empty

Back to top Go down

Start of version 1 testing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandaemonium :: Dev :: SuigintouJ-
Jump to: